How To Link Mobile Number To Aadhaar Card Using OTP
The Government of India has made it complusory to link your Aadhaar Number to the various Services like Telecom, Bank and many more. For the telecom, it's Mandatory to link your Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card identification verification and government has put the deadline of March 31st,2018 to do so. The earlier process of verification by visiting mobile network centers was tiresome sometimes, so the government also had given instructions to Carriers to come with more methods that will benefit more to the customers. UIDAI has rolled out an OTP based verification system over IVR by using this you can link your mobile numbers with Aadhaar at comfort of your home.
|Link Aadhaar Using OTP|
This method has rolled out on January 1st,2018. It's quite simple and users who yet to link their Aadhaar with the mobile number can call up the IVR that would complete the process through an OTP.
This IVR process currently supports English, Hindi, and several regional languages. Once the user place call on the IVR and gives his consent for verification with the Aadhaar number, he then will receive the OTP code which when verified to be correct, the mobile number will then be verified and linked to your Aadhaar. It should be remembered that you should have a Mobile Number Registered on your Aadhaar Card. Otherwise you will not receive otp to confirm your action.
How To Link Mobile Number To Aadhaar Card :
1. Call the IVR number 14546 (toll free). Choose your preferred language.
2. Accept your consent to link your Aadhaar number with your mobile number.
3. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. Make sure you have phone number registered on your Aadhaar card to recieve the OTP on that number.
4. Accept your consent for it to fetch your name, DOB and Address linked to your mobile number.
5. Enter OTP that you have received through SMS.
6. You will get an SMS confirming the Re-verification, which also says that the process will take up to 48 hours to complete.
I have tested ans found out that currently only Idea, Vodafone and Airtel are working, but we expect other networks to join very soon. This is very simplest method so far,so do try and let us know your thoughts on this. Also share this post if you found it useful.